Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Banana Ice Cream





Recipe from the blog The Kitchn 

Ingredients

3 large bananas (more or less depending on how much you want to make)

Method

1. Slice the bananas and then place in the freezer for 1 1/2 hours
2. Put frozen bananas into a food processor and continue to pulse until smooth. You may have to stop to scrap the sides down with a spatula, but it will eventually become a cream
3. Serve and EAT!!!

Dana is pretty much the best sister ever for finding this recipe for I was seriously on the edge with my new diet... The whole cutting out sugar thing was not working for me, especially since it was Dana's birthday! I didn't want to have to sit and watch my whole family eat cake or ice cream so, she found an alternative. This recipe is MAGIC!!! Not only does it only include one ingredient, but it allowed me to eat ice cream! That is pure joy for me, since that is my number one weakness. Some might say, it just tastes like mushed up, cold bananas and I have to agree with them. However, this is so much more for people who are unable to eat ice cream regularly or want to lose weight. Ice cream no longer has to be put on restriction for we have stumbled upon an easy way to get our fix. I highly recommend this to anyone who is a banana lover like I am because once you try it, you will never stop eating it! 

1 comment: