Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Coconut Curry Fish or Chicken


Sweeten up dinner with a light, fresh salmon or chicken dish. You can't beat the taste of the coconut curry sauce with tender vegetables inside. It will make any night a special one! 


Step 1

Step 2 

Step 3

Step 4

Step 5

Ingredients:
2 Tbsp coconut oil
4 cloves of garlic, pressed
3 ribs of celery, sliced
2 inches of ginger, peeled, grated
4 carrots, shredded
1 tsp Fish sauce (optional)
1/2 tsp Thai Kitchen green curry paste
3 small zucchini sliced
1 cup green beans, trimmed and cut in half
1 Can Thai Ktichen Coconut Milk
1 lb of cubed white fish (or chicken)
5 leaves fresh basil, thinly sliced
Directions:
1.  Heat oil in large frying pan on Medium high
2.  Add garlic and celery.  Stir for 4-5 minutes until crisp-tender
3.  Add carrots and ginger.  Stir for 5 minutes.
4.  Add Fish sauce, curry, 1 cup of broth, zucchini, and green beans.
5.  Cover and let cook for 5 minutes.
6.  Shake can of coconut milk then add to pan.  Next add the remaining broth.
7.  Bring to low boil then add meat.  Reduce heat to medium.  Cover and let cook for 10 minutes for fish, 15 - 20 for chicken.
8.  Spoon into shallow bowl and top with fresh sliced basil.



This recipe my mom had found from the website LivehealthWise.com 

My mom discovered this recipe the other day while browsing the internet for recipes I could try. She was extremely tired of hearing me complain about how I don't have anything good to eat since I started my diet. To be honest, I really miss eating Indian food, or anything flavorful with spices like curry. She had stumbled upon this website and asked me about it, so after reviewing the recipe I thought I would give it a try. I will admit, I am almost always willing to try anything involving coconut milk or curry, however, I was a little unsure of how this dish would turn out. In the end I was pleasantly surprised and I must say this is one of my favorite dishes! Regardless of if I am on this diet or not I would probably still eat this dish no matter what! In the first bite your taste buds are introduced to numerous flavors that blend so well together that it leaves you craving more. It is simply delicious. Plus, once you reach the salmon or chicken, you will be in for a sweet surprise. It literally melts in your mouth and it is so soft and sweet it is unbelievable. I prefer this way of cooking my fish because there just doesn't seem to be any other way to get it as soft and tender as this. If you are a fan of fish or chicken I would definitely recommend this recipe in a heart beat!!! I don't know what could be better than this recipe for it meets all the requirements for a great meal: hot, sweet, fresh and filling! Who could ask for anything more? 

1 comment:

  1. Can you please make me this sometime!!! it sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete