Thursday, June 9, 2011

Freshly squeezed Orange Juice Popsicles


Treat yourself to a summer delight that is actually good for you! Freshly squeezed orange juice full of vitamin C. Nothing like getting that beach body ready by eating something healthy and delicious.


First start by squeezing 5 large oranges and then strain the pits out so that way you only get  the pure orange juice. Next step, cut up one lemon and squeeze the lemon to get the juice. Once it has been strained, mix the freshly squeezed orange juice with the lemon juice.



Next pour the mixtures into the molds and freeze overnight. **You can use any Popsicle molds you want, sometimes a dixi cup works just as well.**


Once the juice has been frozen over it is ready to eat! Enjoy a nice healthy summery treat.

These popsicles saved my life! I was craving something sweet since I am not allowed to have sugar due to my new diet I had to think outside the box. Well, I decided that since it is summer I would want something cold and since ice cream is out of the question I will have to go to the next best thing. POPSICLES! Since I can't use any sugar I had to rely on naturally sweet fruits to give me that sweet taste that I crave.  I absolutely love orange juice, so why not just freeze it and put into a popsicle? I strongly suggest this recipe to anyone who has a sweet tooth but can't have ice cream or wants a nice healthy light snack. Plus, what a great way to stay cool in the burning heat of summer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment