Thursday, June 9, 2011

Sweet and Spicy Skewers


Sweet and spicy skewers grilled on the stove top or grill makes an excellent meal for a nice refreshing summer night.  


First, pick your ingredients I like to put red onions, zucchini, yellow squash and sweet and spicy Italian sausage. That way the sweetness from the onions once caramelized complements the tartness of the vegetables. Then top it off with slices of sausage to add flavor and some kick. 


Then place on the stove top or grill while turning it every few minutes. Overall, approximately 30 min on low heat, or just enough to make sure that the sausage is all the way cooked through. Finish off the dish with some freshly cut nectarines or peaches. 

I was running late and craving some sausage so Dana my sister came up with these skewers. They were so delicious I ate them so fast! There is nothing more satisfying than combining meat and vegetables on a stick. It just is an elegant way to eat and fun to make. The best part is that you can combine any vegetables you would like and adjust it to anyone's taste. See in my family, food is extremely hard to deal with just because everyone has different tastes. I am allergic to half the world's foods and Dana and I both have Celiac. Sara is a vegetarian and my dad doesn't like to try new things. Dana doesn't like seafood or relatively spicy food. My mom is like me and willing to try anything, but obviously you can see, dinner is a tough order. These skewer are probably the best way to personally make an order that everyone can enjoy! So if you are like my family I highly suggest you taste these skewers for they are delicious, simple and healthy. Enjoy!! 

1 comment:

  1. HAHA so true... Dad really won't try anything new... especially Indian food!

    ReplyDelete