Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Simple Rack of Lamb with a Hint of Rosemary



Nothing beats a nice rack of lamb with the slightest hint of fresh rosemary for a special night. Plus any food is delicious when you can eat it straight off the bone. 


Before: Marinate the rack of lamb with olive oil, rosemary, pepper and salt and let it sit in the refrigerator for an hour, then begin the cooking process.


Ingredients:

1 rack of lamb
Rosemary
Garlic
olive oil
salt and pepper


Method:
1. In a processor or bowl mix together, olive oil, garlic, fresh rosemary, salt and pepper then run it onto the rack of lamb.
2. Place in a plastic bag and let it sit in the refrigerator for an hour until completely set in. 
3. While waiting preheat oven to 350. Once it is preheated, place the rack of lamb in a baking sheet and put it into the oven.
4. Cook the lamb for 1 hour and 30 min if you want it well done, less time if you would like it more rare.
5. Take out of oven and let it sit for 5-10 min. before serving. 
6. ENJOY!


Since I have been on my new diet I am trying to broaden my horizons and try different meats other than chicken. I hadn't had lamb in a really long time so I thought, hey, why not. Although, I was quick to learn that lamb is very expensive so for those of you who aren't willing to spend the extra dollars, this might not be for you. Anyways, I was really excited to try it, for it always looks so good when I watch the chefs on food network make it. In the end I think I have discovered that lamb is a unique type of meat and is elegant. On the other hand, it always looks pretty and is fun to eat because it is on the bone. If you are planning a fancy night and want to go all out this might be a recipe you would want to try.

1 comment: