Thursday, May 19, 2011

Spicy Chipotle Pork Tenderloin



Spicy up dinner with smoldering hot pork tenderloin, this will have your mouth watering in seconds! 




Ingredients:
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
3 tablespoons chipotle chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
4 Tablespoons of brown sugar
2 (3/4 pound) pork tenderloin


Method:


1. Preheat grill or stove top to medium heat
2. In a bowl combine the onion powder, garlic powder, chipotle powder, salt and the brown sugar to create a nice dry rub. Go light with the Chipotle powder to reduce the heat. 
3. Lightly coat the pork with the run until even then refrigerate for 10 to 15 min. 
4. Lightly oil grate or pan and place meat. Cook for 20 min. flipping meat every five min. 
5. Remove from grill/stove and let it stand for 5 to 10 min before serving. 


DANGER: THIS RECIPE IS EXTREMELY HOT SO FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE NOT INTO SPICY THIS MIGHT NOT BE YOUR THING!!!!!


I had decided to make dinner for my family at my new apartment and I really wanted to try something different than our usual taco Tuesday. I hadn't had pork in a while due to some diet restrictions so, I thought I would give it a try. When I stumbled upon this recipe it looked so simple, yet, delicious I had to try it. After making it and taking a bite to sample it right before my parents arrived, I found out how spicy it was. Now, I am a person who LOVES spicy, but I know my family who is not the best with trying new things. I started to panic but had no time so, I just hoped that the cake they brought would be enough to cool our mouths off later. In the end, after they got over the initial shock of how spicy it was, they agreed that it was a good change. So, for those of you who are looking for a change and love spicy you might want to give this a try.

1 comment: